For the Striped Bass
- 4 6 oz striped bass fillets skinless
- 4 scallions thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger minced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- crushed red pepper flakes pinch
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp kosher salt
For the Stir Fried Asparagus
- 1 pound thin asparagus cut into 1/3 inch lengths
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove large, minced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest finely grated
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
For the Bass
- In a bowl, combine the scallions, ginger, garlic, and red pepper. In a saucepan, heat the oil until shimmering. Pour the hot oil over the scallion mixture and stir in the lemon juice, soy sauce, and salt.
- Preheat the broiler. Brush the fillets on both sides with some of the scallion oil. Arrange on a broiler pan skinned side down; broil until just cooked through, about 5 minutes.
For the Asparagus
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the asparagus and stir-fry over moderately high heat until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, sesame oil, and lemon zest, season with salt and pepper, and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the fish fillets to plates; spoon some scallion oil on top. Serve with the asparagus.