- 2-4 6/8 oz Ahi Tuna steaks
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp cilantro finely chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp black pepper ground- (can substitute 1/2 tsp coarsely cracked black pepper)
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Combine all of the marinade ingredients and whisk vigorously.
- Place tuna steaks in a gallon ziploc bag. Add the marinade, toss to coat the tuna steaks, press out excess air and seal (if using ziploc bag)
- Transfer to the fridge and chill for 30 minutes.
- Grill 6-8 minutes on each side until easily flaked with a fork and center of tuna steak is just barely pink. Internal temperature should read 90-95 degrees when done. Alternately, steaks can be seared in a skillet over medium-high heat, or broiled in the oven at 400 degrees.