The Crunchy Cabbage Slaw
- Red cabbage
- Green cabbage
- Roasted jalapeno
- Fresh lime juice
- Champagne Vinegar Or your favorite white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
The Fish Taco Sauce
- Mexican Crema Or sour cream
- Lime juice
- Hot sauce Use your favorite or Sriracha
- Garlic powder or fresh garlic
- Kosher salt
The Fish Tacos
- Red Snapper or your favorite white fish
- Garlic powder
- Sweet paprika
- Onion powder
- White pepper Or black pepper as a substitute
- Olive Oil
- Flour tortillas Or corn tortillas
- Extras for topping Sliced roasted jalapeno peppers or chiles toreados, fresh squeezed lime, your favorite hot sauce
Fish Taco Slaw
- Toss together the shredded red cabbage, shredded green cabbage, roasted jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, vinegar, honey and salt in a large bowl. Make sure everything is evenly coated. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Fish Taco Sauce
- Whisk together the mayo, crema, lime juice, hot sauce, garlic and salt in a medium bowl. Refrigerate the cream sauce until ready to use. This is a huge flavor builder. So good.
The Fish Tacos
- Season the Fish. Remove the skin from the fish and slice the fish into strips. Mix together the seasonings in a small bowl and sprinkle it over the sliced fish.
- Cook the Fish. Heat the oil in a pan to medium high heat and add the fish. Cook gently for 5 minutes, turning the fish every minute, until it is cooked through. Remove from heat.
- Assemble the Tacos and Serve. Serve the pieces of fish onto warmed tortillas, then top with sliced avocado, crunchy cabbage slaw and dollops of creamy fish taco sauce, maybe a lime wedge or two on the side.
- Toss in some diced red onion if you'd like. Don't forget the hot sauce!
- Boom! Done! Your delectable fish tacos are recipe to serve! Don't they look amazing? So easy to make and always satisfying. I'm not kidding when I say this is the best fish tacos recipe around. Perfect every time.