- 1 lb lump crab meat
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley finely chopped
- remoulade sauce for serving optional
- Add all of the ingredients except for the crab and panko breadcrumbs to a large bowl and mix until well combined.
- Gently fold in the crab and breadcrumbs being careful not to break up the crab meat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Spray the air fryer basket with nonstick spray and shape the crab bites into golf-sized balls. I like to use a mini ice cream scoop.
- Place the crab bites in the air fryer basket and cook for 8 minutes at 400 degrees F. Don't overcrowd the air fryer, work in batches if you have to. Use a spatula to gently remove the cooked crab bites out of the air fryer.
- Serve with lemon wedges and enjoy!
Make sure to grease the air fryer basket with nonstick spray, otherwise the crab bites will stick. Refrigerate the crab meat mixture for at least 20 minutes, this will help them set. If after 20 minutes, you’re still having trouble forming the crab bites, add more panko breadcrumbs. The second the crab bites come out of the air fryer, squeeze a little bit of lemon juice over them. If you can only find jumbo crab meat, break up the meat a little bit, otherwise the crab bites won’t hold together.