For the meatballs:
- 1 pound skinless salmon cut into chunks
- 1/2 medium onion grated
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons whole wheat panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons cilantro minced
- 1 egg white
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground oregano
For the sauce:
- 3/4 California avocado skin and seed removed
- 3 tablespoons fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 5 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place the salmon in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped, scraping down the sides as necessary. Transfer to a large bowl.
- To the salmon, add the onion, breadcrumbs, cilantro, egg white, garlic, salt, pepper, paprika and oregano. Stir to combine.
- Using a 2 tablespoon portion of the salmon mixture, form meatballs by rolling between the palms of your hands. Place the meatballs on the prepared baking sheet, spacing evenly.
- Bake until the meatballs are firm to the touch and cooked through, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Serve the meatballs with the avocado sauce.
To make the sauce:
- In the bowl of a food processor or blender, combine the avocado, yogurt, garlic, lime juice, water, cilantro, chipotle chile powder, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.