No products in the cart.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 3 garlic clove crushed, *see note
- 14 ounces frozen calamari rings thawed
- 2 cups pureed tomatoes *see note
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt *see note
- 1/4 cup green olives without stones
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil. Add minced onion and sauté for 6-8 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Add crushed garlic cloves and sauté for about 2 minutes or until the garlic releases its aroma.
- Add 2 cups of pureed tomatoes, salt, pepper and calamari rings. Simmer covered on medium-low for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, stir in olives and chopped parsley and simmer for a further 30 minutes or until the calamari is soft.
- Enjoy as an appetizer or main dish!
3 garlic cloves should yield at least 1 teaspoon of pressed garlic. Using a good quality pureed tomatoes will make your stew extra delicious. Crushed tomatoes or tomato passata can also be used as substitution. I don’t recommend using more than ½ teaspoon of salt at the beginning as you will be adding olives at a later stage. Olives will add extra saltiness to this stew so please add more salt only if it is needed – after you have tasted it at the end of cooking.