- 12 medium button mushrooms or cremini mushrooms cleaned with stems removed and discarded
- Olive oil spray
- 1 box 8 ounce cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs or panko breadcrumbs
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 –3 tablespoons fresh chopped Italian parsley
- 1 cup cooked shelled crab finely chopped I use King Crab
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Lightly spray mushrooms with olive oil spray and arrange mushrooms cap side down on a cookie sheet. In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, bread crumbs, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, green onions, Parmesan, parsley, and crab meat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Scoop about 1 1/2 tablespoons of filling into each mushroom. Bake for 20 minutes. Turn the broiler on at the last minute of cooking to brown the tops lightly. Stay close by, as I have always found broilers unpredictable.