- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 pound pencil-thin asparagus
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 1-inch-thick halibut fillets (1 1/2 to 2 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 Roma tomato minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/2 lime juiced
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Oil a shallow 12- by 18-inch baking pan with 1 tablespoon oil. Remove any tough ends from asparagus, and then toss with remaining 2 tablespoons oil, salt and pepper. Spread over 2/3 of the oiled baking pan.
- Rinse fish and pat dry. Place on the other end of the oiled baking pan. Combine melted butter, tomatoes, herbs, zest and lime juice in a small bowl; brush or spoon over fish.
- Roast, uncovered, for 10 to 12 minutes or until fish is opaque inside. Serve immediately.