- 4 halibut fillets about 6 ounces each
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon saffron threads
- Season both sides of halibut with salt and black pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add halibut and cook 2 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- Remove fish from pan and set aside.
- To the same pan, add artichoke hearts, broth and saffron. Bring to a simmer. Return fish to pan and simmer 2 minutes, until fish is fork-tender.
- Transfer to a serving platter and is usually served with couscous.