- 2 pounds swordfish steaks about 1" thick cut into 4 portions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter 1/2 stick
- 3/4 pounds mushrooms cleaned and sliced
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon about 3 tablespoons of juice
- 1 green onion sliced
- 1 splash dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Heat your oven to 400 degrees. Rub the swordfish with the olive oil and season on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat a griddle pan or cast iron pan on high. Sear the fish on both sides for a couple minutes on each side. Turn off the heat and put the skillet in the oven to finish, about 10 minutes, depending on the thickness of your fish.
- In a separate skillet melt butter on medium high. When the butter is hot add mushrooms, green onions, lemon juice and zest and splash of white wine. Sauté for 5 – 6 minutes until mushrooms are tender and there is very little liquid left in the sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Plate the swordfish on individual plates topped with mushrooms and garnish with capers and parsley.