- 4- 6 oz swordfish steaks
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 4 sprigs rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat a charcoal grill or broiler, or heat a grill pan.
- Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper on both sides. Place oil in a flat dish, and add soy sauce, vinegar, rosemary, garlic, coriander, cumin, lemon rind and pepper flakes. Blend well. Place fish steaks in marinade, coat well on both sides, cover with plastic wrap and let stand for 10 to 15 minutes.
- If the swordfish is to be cooked on a grill (or grill pan), place fish on grill and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Turn and cook for 3 minutes more. Cook longer if desired. If it is to be cooked under a broiler, place fish on a rack and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Serve with a string bean salad.