Oysters Rockefeller is simple to prepare but so impressive! The combination of briny oysters, earthy greens, creamy cheeses, and buttery sauce creates a luxurious and indulgent flavor profile, making Oyster Rockefeller a true culinary delight.Print Pin Rate
- 24 oysters live in shell
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 shallots finely minced
- 10 oz baby spinach
- 12 oz heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Romano cheese
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp white wine optional
- Rinse and clean the oysters
- Carefully open the oysters and using a paring knife cut under the oyster releasing it from the shell. Place the open oysters on a sheet pan and refrigerate until needed.
- In a large saute pan or wide bottom pot, melt the butter.
- Add the shallots to the melted butter and saute over medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Do not let them burn.
- Add the spinach and saute until the spinach is wilted.
- **If you want to add Pernod or white wine, now is the time to add the wine to the pan.
- Add the lemon juice, heavy cream, Romano cheese and black pepper to the spinach. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat. Allow the mixture to continue cooking until the cream has reduced by half.
- Place the finished mixture into the refrigerator. Allow the spinach mixture to completely cool and solidify.
- Place one tablespoon of the spinach mixture on top of each oyster.
- Top each finished oyster with the panko bread crumbs.
- Place the oysters in a 375 degree F. oven for 15-20 minutes or until the topping is golden brown.
- Serve the oysters on a bed of rock salt with lemon slices.