- 2 6-8 oz redfish on the half shell filets skin and scales on
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp cayenne
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp garlic salt
- 6-8 lemons
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup parsley chopped
- 1 cup butter
- Mix together the smoked paprika, cayenne, dried thyme, and garlic salt.
- Generously rub the flesh side of the filets down with Worcestershire sauce and seasoning mix. Juice a few a few of the lemons over the filets. (You can do this while the fish are on the grill if you'd like to.)
- Drizzle olive oil over filets and rub all the ingredients into the flesh of the fish.
- Melt butter in a small sauce pan over medium low heat. Remove the pan from heat and stir in parsley, juice of 2 lemons, and 1 tbsp garlic salt. (If you have a small cast iron pot/pan you can do this on the grill. It will really impress your guests!)
- Fire up your grill and get a good high heat going.
- Place the fish flesh side down directly over the heat. Now you just have to be patient, don't touch the filets for 7-8 minutes.
- Serve fish with garlic butter sauce and ENJOY!
Make sure that you use enough olive oil on the flesh of the fish. If you do not it will cause the the flesh of the fish to stick to the grill. If it is hard to find redfish (red drum) you can substitute red snapper or black drum