Smoked Trout Dip
This elegant smoked salmon dip is delicious on crackers — or serve it on a brunch buffet with bagels.Print Pin Rate
- 1 cup cream cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp lemon juice fresh
- 2 tbsp capers drained
- ¼ tsp Old Bay Hot Sauce
- 4 oz smoked trout roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped dill fresh
- 2 tbsp chopped chives fresh
- salt to taste
- Combine the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, capers, and Tabasco in a food processor fitted with the metal blade; pulse until blended.
- Add the salmon, dill and chives and pulse, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary, until the salmon is finely chopped. Taste and add salt, if necessary (I usually add about ¼ teaspoon, but it depends on the saltiness of the smoked salmon).
- Serve as a dip with crackers or bagel chips, or as a spread with bagels.
This dip can be made a few days ahead of time. However, it gets quite firm in the fridge so let it sit out at room temperature before serving, otherwise it will be hard to scoop.